Grilled Mahi Fish Tacos filled with shredded red cabbage, fresh crumbled queso fresco, cilantro, and a smooth blend of Habacado and Greek yogurt. Served with homemade corn salsa, spanish rice and lime wedges.
Ingredients (Serves 4 - two tacos each)
4 - 5 oz filets of mahi
1/2 medium red cabbage (finely shredded)
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 cup crumbled queso fresco
8 corn or flour tortillas
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 jalapeno (diced)
1 1/2 cups fresh cooked and chilled corn (1 can corn)
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup Habacado
1 lime (cut into wedges)
1. Cook Spanish rice according to package directions.
2. Season mahi with salt and pepper and grill or bake until an internal temperature of 145 degrees F or (62.8 degrees C) is reached. Flake mahi apart with a fork into bite size pieces for the tacos.
3. Blend corn with diced jalapenos and 1 tbs chopped cilantro. Season to taste. (I like to add a few dashes of Strabenero or Broja to brighten the flavor up.)
4. Blend Greek yogurt with Habacado
5. Build your tacos: Layer mahi, red cabbage, Habacado/ Greek Yogurt blend, and cilantro atop slightly heated tortillas. Serve with lime wedges, spanish rice, and corn slasa.